"From a Pattern to a Moulding in a Day"
Recognising the requirement for quick tooling solutions, MCP introduced a complete low cost package system for producing moulds for:
- Plastic and Wax Injection
- Polyurethane –Bumpers and Shoes
- Hand Lay Up applications
- Foundry Patterns: Blow moulds
The MCP Metal Spray process is simple, requiring only a model or Pattern – basically of any material. Using the MCP Metal Spray gun, a layer of MCP low melt alloy is applied to the pattern. A thin layer, 1 mm, for low pressure applications and 1 cm for plastic injection tools. The metal sprayed shell is fixed in a steel frame and backed using resin or an MCP alloy. See graphics on specific types of mould making.
The package consists of
- a MCP Metal Spray gun including a dust extraction unit
- a melting tank for re-melting and re-cycling the alloy from used moulds and
- one of the purpose built, easy to operate MCP injection moulding machines with injection capacities ranging from 25 g/ 1oz. to 120 g/ 5 oz.